Texas Attorney CPA and Board Certified Tax Attorney
Robert M. Mendell, Attorney at Law, P.C. is a tax, business and estate planning law firm based in Houston, Texas. The firm's attorney, Robert M. Mendell, has over 30 years of experience representing Houston area clients and has handled a diverse range of legal matters over his career. In addition to being Board Certified in Tax Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Mendell is also a licensed Texas Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and is very active in the Houston CPA community, having taught numerous tax and business law seminars in association with various local CPA professional organizations and holding various officerships and committee chairmanship positions through the years for the Houston CPA Society (the Houston Chapter of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants). Mr. Mendell has also received an AV* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating.
Our Texas tax, business, probate, and estate planning law firm has substantial expertise in tax planning and tax law, estate planning, probate administration, mergers and acquisitions, business organization formation and related legal matters.
Robert M. Mendell, Board Certified Tax Attorney and Texas Attorney CPA
At the Robert M. Mendell law firm, your matter will be handled by Robert M. Mendell, a lawyer with more than 30 years of experience. Our law firm continuously endeavors to combine a high level of professional competence with a high standard of personal service. We concentrate on these areas of law:
- Tax Law and Tax Planning — entity selection tax planning, tax-advantaged structuring of business transactions, and personal tax planning matters; tax controversy matters, including IRS and Texas State Comptroller tax audits
- Estate Planning — family limited partnership structuring, wills, trusts, marital property agreements, preparation of other estate planning documents, asset protection planning, succession planning and estate tax reduction planning
- Family Limited Partnerships — segregation of assets into one or more limited partnerships, asset protection, estate tax reduction, protection of assets against failed marriages, simplifying family transfers to junior generations
- Probate and Estate Administration — handling of distribution of estate assets upon death pursuant to statutory probate procedures
- Business Organizations and Mergers and Acquisitions — entity selection, formations, acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, conversions, divisions, tax-free reorganizations, sales of businesses, purchases of business, succession planning, private placement offering memoranda and preparation and review of complex business contracts
Tax lawyer, Robert M. Mendell, has taught more than 200 tax and business law seminars.
Our office prides itself in handling complex legal matters and being responsive to clients' questions, concerns and problems. Contact our office to speak with an experienced lawyer concerning any substantial tax planning, tax law, estate planning, family limited partnership (FLP), probate administration, business organization or business planning legal matter. We can be reached by phone at 713-888-0700 or by e-mail.
* AV, BV and CV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.