Business Formation, Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Contracts
The decisions made when structuring a business or a business transaction need to take into account a great many factors, including tax liabilities. The laws change often as do court rulings on business and tax law. An effective business organizations lawyer stays current on the law and knows how to apply it in specific situations.
At the Houston law firm of Robert M. Mendell, Attorney at Law, P.C., all client matters are handled by Robert M. Mendell, an Attorney CPA who is Board Certified in Tax Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- List of Business Organizations Seminars presented by Robert M. Mendell.
- List of Business Acquisitions Seminars presented by Robert M. Mendell.
- Seminar Handouts:
Understand How Business Organization Affects Your Business
Careful business organization planning should be at the foundation of any decision involving startups or major business and real estate transactions. Engaging a lawyer who understands the immediate and long-term tax and business implications of entity selection, including estate planning, asset protection and other issues, is very important.
- It is essential in business formation to determine what type of business entity best fits the needs and goals of a specific business enterprise and includes an analysis of the tax rules applicable to each type of business entity.
- Mergers and acquisitions should be structured in a manner that is most beneficial in terms of tax liability and meeting business objectives.
- Allocating a value to personal goodwill in connection with a sale of a business can result in a substantial reduction in the seller's income tax liability under the right circumstances.
- Family limited partnerships can be utilized to help protect assets and help reduce transfer tax (U.S. estate tax and U.S. gift tax) liability.
- Business organizations usually need ongoing legal representation regarding various contracts and negotiations with their customers, clients, vendors, lenders and other business contacts.
Quality legal representation of business organization can make a substantial difference in how successfully a business operates, minimizes tax liabilities, preserves assets, and avoids contract disputes and other legal difficulties. Robert M. Mendell, with over 30 years of experience, has been involved in the formation and representation of hundreds of business entities. Contact our office by e-mail or by calling 713-888-0700.