Significant tax and legal issues will typically surface from time to time over the life of a business or during an individual's lifetime which will require the services of a competent and professional tax and business law attorney. For over 35 years, Robert M. Mendell has been providing prompt, professional legal representation to successful businesses and to individuals of substantial net worth concerning substantial legal and tax matters, contributing significantly to their long-term financial success and stability.
Experienced, Professional Legal Representation
Over the years, Robert M. Mendell has presented over two hundred tax and legal seminars to business and tax professionals on topics ranging from mergers and acquisitions and family limited partnerships, to partnership taxation and tax topics for closely-held corporations. Robert M. Mendell, Attorney at Law, P.C., works primarily in the following practice areas:
- Mergers and Acquisitions - Business acquisitions, business divestitures, mergers, asset purchase agreements, stock purchases agreements, merger agreements, seller warranties and representations, seller indemnification provisions, purchase price earnouts, purchase price holdbacks and escrow reserves, confidentiality/nondisclosure agreements, letters of intent, noncompetition and nonsolicitation provisions
- Tax Law and Tax Planning - Entity selection tax planning, tax-advantaged structuring of business transactions, and tax planning for personal matters; tax controversy and tax resolution matters, including IRS tax audits, tax appeals, responsible person payroll tax assessments, and installment payment plans
- Estate Planning - Family limited partnership structuring, wills, trusts, marital property agreements, preparation of other estate planning documents, asset protection planning, succession planning and estate tax reduction planning
- Family Limited Partnerships - Segregation of assets into one or more limited partnerships, asset protection, estate tax reduction, protection of assets against failed marriages, simplifying family transfers to junior generations
- Probate and Estate Administration - Handling of distribution of estate assets upon death pursuant to statutory probate procedures
- Business Organizations — Entity selection, formations, restructurings, acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, conversions, divisions, tax-free reorganizations, sales of businesses, purchases of business, succession planning, and preparation and review of complex business contracts
If you need an experienced lawyer for a complex mergers and acquisitions, tax planning, tax law, business planning, business contract, family limited partnership, probate administration, or estate planning legal matter, contact our office. We can be reached by phone at 713-888-0700 or by email.